Who We Are – Mityana Projects Trust
The Mityana Project Trust is based in North West Hampshire about 12 miles north of Winchester. Our link began through and continues to be supported by the Whitchurch Deanery in the Church of England diocese of Winchester. All our primary schools are linked with schools in Uganda, and over 150 people from our villages and communities in the Deanery have visited Mityana. Our charitable status came through at the end of 2011 when we realised that for tax relief on donations including gift aid, for better financial accountability and to make the point of our ongoing commitment we’d be crazy not to.
We are a very small non-governmental, UK registered charity, committed to ensuring that we are financially accountable, We aim to promote and support sustainable projects so that every penny donated will make a lasting difference in Mityana.
To see our latest Annual Report and Accounts, please visit our page at the Charity Commission site.
Our Mission Statement and visits reflect
- involvement in educational projects in rural primary schools
- investing in small income generating projects.
- supporting vocation centres
- offering support to the Mityana diocese
What we do not have:
- an office and rent to pay
- any paid staff with overheads
- fees, fares or costs incurred here or in Mityana
What we do have is:
- a team who know Mityana well and have visited Mityana regularly
- a small dedicated group of volunteers whose skill and knowledge base we trust and value
- four trustees who share the charity workload. The chair of the trustees is the Revd Dodie Marsden, who has been actively involved since 2004