Bukuya linked with St Martin’s, East Woodhay
Bukuya is our furthest school from Mityana most rural. It takes about 1 ½ hours to reach there by car. Bukuya School is set on the side of a hill and the original school was built in 1910. This, in itself is amazing, for those who found the site must have been remarkable men. Brenda Nanyonjo, the present headmistress is determined to improve the classroom block which lost its roof in a fierce storm in February 2012. Bukuya has 420 pupils. In 2013 the Clarify Foundation completed a three teacher accommodation block and St Martin’s provided the water tank.